Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bad, Bad, Blogger!

So it has been over a year since I last posted.  Life with an infant was a challenge, but nothing compared to life with a toddler!  Being a full time teacher and mom is tricky, and at times difficult for me to organize.  Right now there is one organized apple and it's not me!  Our district is trying a balanced literacy approach to meet the common core standards.  So, my time has been spent reorganizing my classroom library.  A few years ago I went from a leveled library to a genre/author based library.  Now it is time to switch back.  If it weren't for Scholastic's Book Wizard I wouldn't have been able to do it.  For those of you that may be switching to a leveled library, have your students do it!  We used on technology time and each child went in with a sleeve of colored dot stickers, a Sharpie and a stack of books.  It worked out great and the kids had fun doing it!  
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment