Saturday, July 28, 2012

"You must love having the summer off!"

I think that only other teachers can appreciate how "having the summer off" really just means we go to our classrooms in yoga pants, and with a bit of a tan.  While I appreciate the flexible schedule and ability to eat lunch at whatever time I feel, the summer is often anything but a "break."  I find myself always thinking about the upcoming year, students, and ways to reorganize my classroom.  Even when I want to shut my brain off I find ideas popping into my head (and sometimes I wish I could just ignore them!).  As a result, I've been revamping my beginning of the year activities and a unit of European Explorers.  Feel free to check them out under my products!  And now I'm going to try and turn off my brain and just enjoy watching the Olympics...though now that I think about it, wouldn't that be a great classroom theme?!

~Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment